Well 2011 sure was one helluva year. Goodness, I’m exhausted.
Right now I’m putting a lot of energy into creating some specific goals and intentions for 2012 – it’s good to look forward and get clear about what you want to accomplish. And while it’s not very useful to dwell too much on the past, now also seems like a good time to reflect on the past year.
2011 WAS THE YEAR:
- I had to finally admit the existence of the correlation between chocolate consumption and weight gain
- I discovered that I can get through anything
- We had a giant blizzard
- Of The Cougar
- I finally figured out what I want to be doing, and where I want to be while doing it
- Of earthquakes in Oklahoma (wtf??)
- I learned the true meaning of living in the present moment
- I met some really, really cool people
- I became a single homeowner and “officially” gave up on marriage (I declared it on paper, and got it notarized, with a witness)
- I realized I love the idea of telling stories with images, as well as words
- I subsequently became addicted to Instagram
- I realized that I would not be alive today if it weren’t for music.
My to do list for 2012 is pretty long, so I’ll be busy. But I wouldn’t want it any other way. For several days now I’ve been waking up each morning with a song, or a story idea on my mind. Look out 2012, I have a lot to say.
May 2012 bring you many blessings, much happiness, and most importantly – love.